Join our team at the Brixton Pound Cafe
Are you a budding barista? Do you have flair and panache in the kitchen? Are you imaginative and creative? Would you like to be part of a friendly local community?
We’re currently looking for new people to staff our pay-as-you-feel café in central Brixton.
We make tasty vegan and vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and top quality teas and coffees. Where possible we aim to source our ingredients from items that would otherwise go to waste. We regularly receive donations from local food businesses and therefore adapt our menu depending on what is available.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced working in a cafe or coffee shop and using a manual coffee machine
- Passionate about food and creative in the kitchen – you’ll be able to think up dishes based on what’s in stock, and make them our daily specials
- Excellent dealing with customers
- Personable and able to work alongside colleagues and volunteers
- Flexible with the rota, and happy to do the occasional Saturday
- Aware of kitchen hygiene, food and drink preparation, ideally with a level 1 or 2 in food safety
- Confident working as part of a team and independently in a busy work environment
- Happy talking to the public about the Brixton Pound and the ethos and aims of our project
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be creative and to work with a small social enterprise with a unique progressive ethos
- Competitive hourly rate
- Free meal & all the coffee you can drink whilst on shift
- A chance to be part of a dynamic Brixton community
- Up to 16 hours a week available
To apply, please email your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it in to our café at 77 Atlantic Road, Brixton SW9 8PU
The money raised by sales at the Brixton Pound Café goes towards the Brixton Fund, which funds community projects in the area. Our ethos is on sustainability, community and inclusivity, and we aim to sell food made primarily from surplus goods that local businesses would otherwise throw out.