It was 2011 the last time the B£ reinvented the way you can pay local, with the launch of the B£ e-currency (B£e) and ‘pay-by-text’ payments on your mobile.
Recently we updated our online payment platform, you can login here to check it out if you haven’t already, meaning we’re now ready to make the next leap – into contactless B£ payments.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Click here to let us know you’re taking part. It takes 2 secs.
- Turn up at a participating business with a contactless-enabled card. This just means an Oyster card or contactless bank card you already own.
- Either ask the business to link your card to your existing B£ account (if you have one) – or to use your card to create a shiny new B£ account for you on the spot! This will not affect in any way that card’s functionality as an Oyster or bank card.
- If you’re linking the card to an existing account you can spend straight away. If you’re creating a new B£ account to link to your card, you’ll first need to hop online here (brixtonpound.community-currency.org/login) afterwards to transfer some funds in before you can get going.
Participating businesses are:
- 20 Storey (10% off for B£ users)
- Nour Cash & Carry
- Phoenix Cafe
- Kaff (10% off for B£ users)
- Honest Burgers
- Casa Morita
- Lounge (Express lunch deal on weekends for B£ users)
- Turpentine (10% off Brixton Pound T-shirts)
Get tapping! 🙂