Good afternoon fellow B£-ers,
Just a very quick reminder that the much talked about [and somewhat delayed] Grand Opening of Windrush Square is happening this weekend. The weekend promises to be a lively one packed with live acts, dance and of course in true Brixton style… plenty of live music.
There’ll be lots of opportunities to get involved in during the day with art workshops… and later a lantern-lit procession will parade through Brixton leading to a spectacular firework display including a magnificent Phoenix and a human Catherine Wheel!!
“The Windrush Square scheme has linked Tate Gardens and Windrush Square as a pedestrianised open space which has been designed with safety in mind and includes improved lighting, better sightlines and CCTV coverage. World class design that includes a new water feature, 21 new trees, new lighting and a sculptural granite seat have contributed to creating a brand new civic space.” Lambeth Council
The Brixton Pound team will be out in force from 1pm on Saturday 27th February. You’ll find us in a marquee by the stage; do pop in and introduce yourself. We will have:
- £:B£ exchange point available all day
- all the latest promotions and discounts you can receive when paying in Brixton Pounds
- badge making!!
- B£ video and documentary screening
- pedal powered music – bring along your ipod
- lots of information on how B£ works and friendly, knowledgable people to answer your questions
- Ways that you can get involved in the project
- B£ raffle with some great local prizes
Fingers crossed for fine weather. Hope to see you on Sat!