There are two ways you can accept Brixton Pounds if you are a business or small trader – the Brixton Pound (B£) notes and/or the ‘pay by text’ (B£e).
Why use it?
- More business! There are growing number of people looking for places to spend Brixton Pounds.
- Free advertising and promotion. You can get listings on our website, in our publicity materials and also social media.
- If you accept the ‘pay by text’ you get a secure, low cost means of accepting electronic payment. You don’t need a credit card machine, or a phone line, just a standard mobile phone (doesn’t need to be a smart phone).
- Be part of a growing network of independent businesses in Brixton trading with each other. We want to make it easier for you to find other businesses you can trade with locally.
The basic things you need to know about using the Brixton Pound in your business are:
- If you use the Brixton Pound notes you can do so straight away (although contact us so we can list you on our website and give you some promotional materials). The idea is to keep the money in Brixton and respend any Brixton Pounds you take in (although you can change the notes back to sterling at no cost at one of the Brixton Pound exchange points).
- If you would like to accept the ‘pay by text’ then get in contact with us so we can set up an account for you. There is a 1.5% transaction fee on all trades and a 10% exchange fee to convert B£e back into sterling – however – we hope you won’t need to change your B£e back in to sterling and there are lots of ways you can respend them. The 10% fee for changing back to sterling is the same as the 10% bonus that customers get when they buy B£e.
- You can use B£e to pay Lambeth Council business rates, advertise in the Brixton Bugle, or to buy other business supplies, or even pay staff wages like we do here at the Brixton Pound!
Please contact the B£ team if you wish to take the Brixton Pound in your business – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jamey or Susie on 07525 806470.
Download the full guidance pack for businesses here: B£e Business Fact Sheet
Download the B£e-trader member agreement.
Download the B£e Trader Terms & Conditions.